Contact to book your place. To book your place, you must be registered as a representative of a CIAN member charity / not for profit.
3-4pm, 11th August 2020 - Charity Sector IA Virtual Forum
This virtual meeting for Charity internal auditors will be hosted by the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors who will talk through the key lessons learnt from their HIA Virtual Forums over the past few months. There will also be a Q&A session to pose your questions to the Institute.
If you would like to attend, please email as soon as possible so that we can get a sense of numbers and plan the format accordingly. Please ensure you specify the email address that you want added to the Webinar invite.
3pm-5pm, 18th August 2020 - Webinar Network Meeting
Our next Network meeting will be via webinar and will include the following presentations:
1. Counter fraud for charities - Alan Bryce (Head of Development, Counter Fraud and Cyber-Crime, Charity Commission)
Alan will present on charity counter fraud, including the Charity Commission's 2019 National Fraud Report findings and fraud issues arising related to COVID-19.
2. Internal Audit Code of Practice - Liz Sandwith (Chief Professional Practice Advisor, Chartered IIA) and Gavin Hayes (Head of Policy and External Affairs, Chartered IIA)
Liz and Gavin will present on the 'IA Code of Practice: Guidance on effective internal audit in
the private and third sectors' which was published for the first time in January 2020.
3. CIAN COVID Benchmarking Survey: Highlights - Darren Goorwappa (CIAN's Feedback Lead and Head of Internal Audit and Quality at CIC)
Darren will present the key top level findings from the July CIAN COVID Benchmarking survey.
The 2020 CIAN AGM will also be held as a part of this Network Meeting webinar at approximately 4.35pm and the agenda for the AGM has been circulated to members.
If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com soon as possible so that we can get a sense of numbers and plan the format accordingly. Please ensure you specify the email address that you want added to the Webinar invite.
Wednesday 14th October 2020 - Haysmacintyre provisional date subject to amendment; we currently expect that this will be a virtual meeting.
Slides from previous network meetings are available in the resources section in the members' area of the website.
Upcoming CIAN Training courses:
Auditing Culture and Ethics - Rescheduled date TBC
Our next training course will be on Auditing Culture and Ethics and will be presented by John Cheshire. The course will cover:
• A targeted overview of culture, including theory, models and current issues
• Why organisational culture is so topical
• Developing a practical framework for approaching an audit of culture
• Auditing culture – good practices and addressing the pitfalls
• What are business ethics? Theory, models and current issues
• Auditing ethics – good practices and addressing the pitfalls
Book your place before 13th February to avoid missing the early bird price of £120. All applications for a free place must also be submitted by 13th February. One free place will be available on this course for a CIAN member who would otherwise not be able to attend the training.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place, submit your ‘free training place’ application or for further information.